As seen in my last post here, I had an adventure in other states and came across a few interesting brews. As a follow up, I was considering a few brews I would think overall personal hits, and a couple misses. These can be from my trip and a few that would other wise be worth mentioning.
Hits:
Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
One of the first beers I had in North Carolina was Duck Rabbit's Milk stout. It had a hint of sweetness and went down smooth. It went fairly well with the meal I had at the Hibernian Pub of Bangers and Mash and did stand up well with standard burgers and fries at Black Finn before we went home.
Sweet Baby Jesus
To be honest, I am a sucker for a funny name. Ask me about Clown Shoes sometime. Although I did not have a religious experience for this beer, I was slightly hesitant at first. Reason? A chocolate and peanut butter flavor beer. Sounds great for some kind of snack or desert, but for a beer? Fortunately it did deliver and was quite tasty. Granted it maybe best as an after dinner treat but worth a try.
Banana Seat
Brewed by a company by the name of Crank Arm Brewing, it sounds more like something involving bicycling or things best not discussed in proper company.
Brewed by a company by the name of Crank Arm Brewing, it sounds more like something involving bicycling or things best not discussed in proper company.
Miss:
Chocolate Mint Stout
One of the few that was a disappointment while visiting North Carolina was that Crank Arm was also serving a stout. It was a variation on a typical chocolate stout with a hint of mint that just didn't do it. Maybe I was expecting this brew to be an ode to Girl Scout cookies but the mint flavor seemed either artifical or just off. However it appears that they have other stouts and porters that could be worth a try.
Let me know what you think and what are some of your hits and misses.
No comments:
Post a Comment