I recently checked the Jim Butcher website and am dismayed to report that the release date for “Ghost Stories” has been moved to July 26, 2011 (ok so I’m behind, lol). Jim Butcher is reported to make sure that the new novel is the best it can be and not something ad hoc. My response to this is 2 fold: 1) As a fan, knowing that efforts to make certain that the new book is something of quality is respectable and 2) I think this is an excellent tactic to heighten the buzz for the new book in anticipation of it’s release. I could make a quip about Jim hedging his bets for the rapture that did not happen but probably be futile at best.
On a related note, for Dresden Files fans that need a fix and are fellow gamers, you can always try the Dresden Files RPG. Available from Evil Hat Productions, the system is based on a version of the Fate RPG system. A couple things of note are that the system is not heavy on number crunching but more focused on story telling, allowing players to get more into the game without needing a calculator. Highly recommended!
To check out more about The Dresden Files series of books, check out http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment